Wisdom teeth Causes Complications and Prevention
it is: (third molars) become impacted because they don’t have enough room to come in (erupt) or develop normally.
Wisdom Tooth usually emerge sometime between the ages of 17 and 25. Some people have wisdom tooththat emerge without any problems and line up with the other teeth behind the second molars. In many cases, however, the mouth is too crowded for third molars to develop normally. These crowded third molars become trapped (impacted).
An impacted wisdom tooth may partially emerge so that some of the crowns is visible (partially impacted), or it may never break through the gums (fully impacted). Whether partially or fully impacted, the tooth may:
- Grow at an angle toward the next tooth (second molar)
- Grow at an angle toward the back of the mouth
- Grow at a right angle to the other teeth, as if the wisdom tooth is “lying down” within the jawbone
- Grow straight up or down like other teeth but stay trapped within the jawbone
Complications of Wisdom teeth
Impacted one can cause several problems in the mouth:
- Damage to other teeth. If the wisdom tooth pushes against the second molar, it may damage the second molar or increase the risk of infection in that area. This pressure can also cause problems with crowding of the other teeth or require orthodontic treatment to straighten other teeth.
- Cysts. The wisdom tooth develops in a sac within the jawbone. The sac can fill with fluid, forming a cyst that can damage the jawbone, teeth, and nerves. Rarely, a tumor — usually noncancerous (benign) — develops. This complication may require the removal of tissue and bone.
- Decay. Partially impacted wisdom teeth appear to be at higher risk of tooth decay (caries) than other teeth. This probably occurs because they are harder to clean and because food and bacteria get easily trapped between the gum and a partially erupted tooth.
- Gum disease. The difficulty cleaning impacted, partially erupted wisdom teeth increases the risk of developing a painful, inflammatory gum condition called pericoronitis (per-ih-kor-o-NI-tis) in that area.
You can’t keep an impaction from occurring, but keeping regular six-month dental appointments for cleaning and checkups enables your dentist to monitor the growth and emergence of your wisdom teeth. Regularly updated dental X-rays may indicate impacted wisdom teeth before any symptoms develop.
In case you did not know Muna Dental Clinic Provide a wide range of Services including Braces, Cosmetics, Veneers, and more dental service using the latest technology in the field; we recommend you to visit our website which is: Muna Dental Clinic to book an appointment in order to get the Right and best Results for your smile.
Please visit our Appointment Page to reserve your time
In Case you didn’t know, Muna Dental Care Center is located in Bukuwara, Riffa. We offer a wide range of dental services, With Dr. Haider Al Fayadh, with all services you might require to have the best smile for you, all of that with specialized doctors their main passion is creating smiles including preventive, cosmetic, restorative and reconstructive dentistry to the residents of Riffa, Sanad, Isa Town, Hamad Town and to other nearby areas.
Muna Dental Care Center is dedicated to a totally comprehensive dental care approach that focuses on treating people, not only teeth. Visit us to enhance your smile.