Wisdom Teeth Removal: What Adults Should Expect
After Wisdom Teeth Surgery
Everyone responds differently to anesthesia. If you had a local anesthetic and feel alert, you might be able to drive home to begin your recovery. You might even be able to go back to work or do your normal activities. If you had general anesthesia or still feel drowsy, you’ll need someone to drive you home, especially after having your Wisdom Teeth Removal
Most people have little to no pain after Wisdom Teeth surgery. You’ll likely have swelling and mild discomfort for 3 or so days. Your mouth may need a few weeks to completely heal.
Follow your doctor’s instructions for a quicker recovery. Here are some tips for the first 3 days after surgery:
Dos After Wisdom Teeth Surgery:
- Use an ice pack on your face to curb swelling or skin color changes.
- Use moist heat for a sore jaw.
- Gently open and close your mouth to exercise your jaw.
- Eat soft foods like pasta, rice, or soup
- Drink plenty of fluids after Wisdom Teeth Surgery.
- Brush your teeth starting the second day. Don’t brush against any blood clots.
- Take the drugs your doctor prescribes to ease pain or swelling.
- Call your doctor if you have a fever, or if your pain or swelling doesn’t improve.
Don’ts After Wisdom Teeth Surgery:
- Don’t drink through a straw. Sucking may loosen blood clots that help your mouth heal from Wisdom Teeth Surgery.
- Don’t rinse your mouth too harshly. Your doctor may suggest rinsing gently with salt water.
- Don’t eat hard, crunchy, or sticky foods that may scratch your wounds.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can slow your healing after Wisdom Teeth Surgery.
In case you did not know Muna Dental Clinic Provide a wide range of Services including Braces, Cosmetics, Veneers, and more dental service using the latest technology in the field; we recommend you to visit our website which is: Muna Dental Clinic to book an appointment in order to get the Right and best Results for your smile.
Please visit our Appointment Page to reserve your time
In Case you didn’t know, Muna Dental Care Center is located in Bukuwara, Riffa. We offer a wide range of dental services, With Dr. Haider Al Fayadh, with all services you might require to have the best smile for you, all of that with specialized doctors their main passion is creating smiles including preventive, cosmetic, restorative and reconstructive dentistry to the residents of Riffa, Sanad, Isa Town, Hamad Town and to other nearby areas.
Muna Dental Care Center is dedicated to a totally comprehensive dental care approach that focuses on treating people, not only teeth. Visit us to enhance your smile.